Dreams. Who doesn't have them?
Once upon a time, you had dreams. Big dreams.
You started building.
Never stopped. Day in day out.
But at some point, you started lazing.
You’re not working hard at it. You push, but only when you feel like it.
In fact, most days you never get your lazy butt off the couch and do anything.
You’ve heard before that to keep the fire burning, you have to maintain the wood burner stocked with wood.
So you must get off the couch and work hard. Real hard.
You can’t let that fire burn out.
Lazing is not an option. Procrastinating is not an option. Slacking on the couch is not an option.
The hard truth — get up and work harder with full enthusiasm.
So allow me to inject you with a healthy dose of enthusiasm by sharing a few quotes from a bunch of famous go-getters.
38 Motivating Quotes That Make You Get off Your Couch and Get Stuff Done
1. “No matter how old you are now. You are never too young or too old for success or going after what you want.”- Pablo
2. “Don’t let what you cannot do interfere with what you can.”- John Wooden.
3. “What you do makes a difference and you have to decide what kind of difference you want to make.”- Jane Goodall
4. “Do what you want to do no matter how hard it is or how you feel.”- Jon Morrow
5. “If you care about what you do and work hard at it, there isn’t anything you can’t do if you want to.” - Jim Henson
6. “ Success is not final, failure not fatal: It is courage to continue that counts.”- Winston S. Churchill
7. “Success seems to be connected with action. Successful people keep moving. They make mistakes, but they don’t quit.”- Conrad Hilton
8. “ The time for action is now. It’s never too late to do something.”- Antoine- de-Saint-Exupery
9. “ A dream becomes a goal when action is taken towards its achievement.”- Bo Bennett
10. “The only person who can pull me down is myself, and I’m not going to let myself pull me down anymore.”- C. JoyBell
11. “Do you want to know who you are? Don’t ask. Act! Action will define you.”- Thomas Jefferson
12. “ Success is not a destination, but the road that you’re on. Being successful means that you’re working hard and walking your walk every day. You can live your dream by working hard towards it. That’s living your dream.”- Marlon Wayans
13. “And will you succeed? Yes! You will, indeed (98 and 3/4 percent guaranteed)…You will move mountains.”- Dr. Seuss
14. “ You aren’t going to find anybody that’s going to be successful without making a sacrifice and without perseverance.”- Lou Holtz
15. “ Often the difference between a successful man and a failure is not one’s better abilities or ideas, but courage that one has to bet on his ideas, to take a calculated risk and act.” - Maxwell Maltz
16. “You are what you do, not what you say you’ll do.”- C.G. Jung
17. “Action expresses priorities.”- Mahatma Gandhi
18. “Success has always been easy to measure. It is the distance between one’s origins and one’s final achievement.”- Michael Korda
19. “It has long since come to my attention that people of accomplishment rarely sat back and let things happen to them. They went out and happened to things.”- Leonardo Da Vinci
20. “It is hard to fail, but it is worse never to have tried to succeed.”- Theodore Roosevelt
21. “Always bear in mind that your own resolution to succeed is more important than any one thing.”- Abraham Lincoln
22. “The path to success is to take massive, determined action.”- Tony Robbins
23. “There is no failure except in no longer trying.”- Elbert Hubbard
24. “Imagination means nothing without doing.”- Charles Chaplin
25. “Take time to deliberate; but when the time for action arrives, stop thinking and go in.” - Andrew Jackson
26. “You want something. Go get it. Period.”- Will Smith
27. “People rarely succeed unless they have fun in what they are doing.”- Dale Carnegie
28. “When you do what you fear most, then you can do anything.” Stephen Richards
29. “Do not wait: The time will never be ‘just right.’ Start where you stand, and work with whatever tools you may have at your command, and better tools will be found as you go along.” - George Herbert
30. “Each new day is a blank page in the diary of your life. The secret of success is in turning the diary into the best story you possibly can.” - Douglas Pagels
31. “Adventure comes with no guarantees or promises. Risks and rewards are conjoined twins…fortune favors the brave…” - Mary South
32. “Do one thing every day that scares you.” - Eleanor Roosevelt
33. “To believe in something and not live it is dishonest.” - Mahatma Gandhi
34. “Pain is temporary. Quitting lasts forever.” - Lance Armstrong
35. “Your positive action combined with positive thinking results in success.” - Shiv Khera
36. “There is no dishonor in losing the race. There is only dishonor in not racing because you are afraid to lose.” - Garth Stein.
37. “The test of success is not what you do when you are on top. Success is how high you bounce when you hit the bottom.” - George S. Patton
38. “The harder you fall, the heavier your heart. The heavier your heart, the stronger you climb. The stronger you climb, the higher your pedestal.” - Chris Jami
You Have What It Takes; Now Take Action
You alone have the patience and the courage to reach the stars.
Courageously strive to go for what you want, believing that you can succeed.
It may be tough, yes, but it’s worth it.
And don't forget to cheer yourself on as you make small bits of progress.
Discipline yourself to do things now, and you will benefit in the future because you will have attained the discipline to achieve what you want.
Hurry up and take action, baby!